Annual General Meetings
Chorleywood Residents’ Association holds an Annual General Meeting in May each year.
Wednesday 19th May 2021 at 8pm via Zoom
Arrangements for AGM 2021
Due to Covid-19 restrictions the AGM will be held on Zoom with the Executive Committee members in attendance. See below for the Agenda.
The papers for the meeting can be downloaded using the links in the Attachments box (below right) and include the 2020 final accounts with reports from the Hon. Treasurer and Chairman.
Voting by residents can be done online by clicking the VOTE NOW FOR AGM 2021 button above. Postal votes can also be made using the printed form on page 19 of the spring / summer edition of The Chorleywood Resident magazine.
Please use only one method of voting. Votes must be received by 5pm on Wednesday 19th May
Nominations for the Executive Committee can be made using the form also in the magazine and by email to the CRA Secretary. (See Contact Us page for contact information.) Nominations must be received by 12th May 2021. Any nominations for voting not included in the printed voting form will be published on this page of the website.
The minutes of the AGM will be published on this page following the meeting.
- Minutes of the 2020 AGM
- Matters arising
- Report from the Chair
- Report and Accounts
- Appointment of Independent Examiner
- Election of Officers and Committee
- Any Other Business
- Close of Annual General Meeting
- 100 club draw
This AGM took place at 8pm on Monday 20th May 2020. It was held via on-line conferencing due to Covid-19. Residents were able to vote online using an electronic voting form.
The Secretary reported that 70 completed voting forms had been received either by electronic means or postal submissions and that the required quorum of 25 had been met.
All had been in favour of the motions and no submissions had been received for membership of the Executive Committee. Details of Proposers and Seconders are held on file by the Secretary. The Executive committee convened at 8pm via the Webex conferencing facility to conduct the formal proceedings of the Annual General Meeting.
- The minutes of the 2019 AGM were approved and there were no matters arising
- The Treasurer’s report was unanimously adopted
- David Clough was unanimously appointed as the Independent Examiner of the Association’s accounts
- Jane Tozer was elected as Chairman
- David Hiddleston was elected as Vice Chairman and Secretary
- David Gray was elected as Treasurer
- Existing committee members Jon Bishop, Richard Dwyer, Rajen Kantaria, Jill Menghetti, Vanessa Rousseau and Mike Stansfield were elected en bloc
- Co-opted members Angela Killick, Nagina Qureshi and Lisa Stewart were elected en bloc
- Retiring Chairman, Owen Edis, expressed his good wishes and thanks to the members of his committee and wished the retiring members Kalpna Harani and Mark Fowler well for the future.
- Chairman, Jane Tozer, thanked Owen for his dedication to CRA which under his leadership had been reshaped, built a strong reputation and become a respected organisation within the community and wished him well for the future.
AGM 2019 and Community Meeting
Date: Wednesday 15th May 2019
Time: Doors open 7:30pm for 8:00pm start
Location: War Memorial Hall, Common Rd, Chorleywood, Rickmansworth WD3 5LN
- The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming special guests and residents to the 51st AGM
- The minutes of the 2018 AGM were approved – Proposed: Debbie Rosario: Seconded: Jane Tozer. There were no matters arising.
- The Chairman presented the Association’s annual report highlighting the work of the Association during the previous year.
- The Treasurer presented the financial report which showed the accounts, approved by the independent examiner, to be in a healthy position. The report was adopted. Proposed: Owen Edis: Seconded: Jane Tozer. *
- David Clough was re-appointed as External Examiner. Proposed: Kalpna Hirani: Seconded: Debbie Rosario
- The Chairman outlined the objectives of the Executive Committee for the forthcoming year.
- The following Officers were elected en bloc, with the approval of the floor:
- Chairman – Owen Edis
- Vice Chairman – Mark Fowler
- Hon Secretary – David Hiddleston
- Hon Auditor – Kalpna Hirani
Proposed: Denis Cole; Seconded: Greg Hill
- The following Committee members were elected en bloc with the approval of the floor: Jane Tozer, Vanessa Holloway, John Bishop, Richard Dwyer, Rajen Kantaria, Mike Stansfield, Jill Menghetti
Proposed: Kate Brightwell; Seconded: Debbie Rosario
- The Chairman thanked retiring committee members Penny Collins, Bob Arthy and Richard Hartley for their contribution to the work of the committee and a small presentation was made to Richard in recognition of his work on building contacts with HCC and TRDC on roads and parking.
- A number of minor changes to the rules of the Association were approved. Proposed: David Clark; Seconded: Margaret Scott
- A presentation on crime statistics in Chorleywood was presented by PCSO Jessica Hill supported by PC Chris Gottmann. A number of questions followed.
- 100 Club Draw prize winners were:
£10 – Terri Pinnock, Alun Price-Davies, Sue Hall
£100 – John Nash
- Daniel Du Gard, Conservation Ranger and Alec Pinkstone, Parish Ranger presented an interesting overview of their role in protecting the Common and future conservation plans
- James Tarrant of Barclays Bank, Rickmansworth announced that he is trying to set up some form of “pop up” bank in Chorleywood and that, subject to sufficient interest, a session on digital banking and fraud prevention would be held in the autumn
- An Open Forum followed with discussions on traffic problems in and around Chorleywood, the lack of consultation on the additional sites added to the TRDC list and the process for shortlisting and consulting on preferred sites which would take place in the autumn. There was strong support for the creation of a single new conurbation instead of a piecemeal approach which would damage many communities.
- The Chairman drew the meeting to a close at 10pm by thanking the presenters for their contributions, the Co-op for providing the refreshments, Mike Field and Robin for the sound system and residents for attending